OMG

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScarletAcres

Reaction score
Guys help! I was just out taking care of the rabbits when someone tries breaking into the rabbit area! I put that piece of card board up to help with the draft and plan on putting wire over the window in the morning when I have time to get to the hardware store.

20191012-043654.jpg

20191012-044054.jpg

did you see who it was, or call the cops? - if they will do that- glass or wire, may not stop them.
I have had someone [likely an ARA nut] do that,
i put a big dog in the rabbit building... they left their crowbar behind, when they tried that again...

maybe a motion detector with a loud siren? [like a car alarm]

michaels4gardens":38shvq00 said:
did you see who it was, or call the cops? - if they will do that- glass or wire, may not stop them.
I have had someone [likely an ARA nut] do that,
i put a big dog in the rabbit building... they left their crowbar behind, when they tried that again...

maybe a motion detector with a loud siren? [like a car alarm]
The wire isn't really to dissuade people but to keep animals out. There is a pretty persistent outdoor cat in the area that has tried getting to the rabbits multiple times before. Not to mention raccoons.

I had planned on cameras maybe it's time to invest in them sooner then planned as well.

I did not get to good of a look but they looked young and well groomed. The resident free roaming buck of the building was out and about within sight of the window. He is a rew so easily spotted in the dark building. And yes I called the cops. There have been whispers of ARA activity in the area.

If nothing else get a good "game camera" with night vision, no flash and hide it in sight range. With just a little ambient light they really can take very good pictures at night.

So sorry this happened! Hope you can get it sorted out. Homer's idea for a camera would be really good if they decide to come back again!

Back