Register

Anyone else tired of this?

A place to vent about what's bugging you. Please keep it civil.
BunnyBucks: 130.00

Anyone else tired of this?

Post Number:#1  Unread postby ScarletAcres » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:30 pm

I posted to my local craigslist page trying to sell off sole excess rabbits recently. As none of them were pet quality I posted to the farm section advertising them as strictly near or feeder animals with the disclosure that the rabbits would be terminally culled before leaving my property.

As soon as my ad went up my email was blasted with ARA and pet person nonsense. People calling me heartless and what not for refusing to pet place overly aggressive cull animals (and I mean AGGRESSIVE, one cull buck caused me to need stitches and he was only eight weeks old EIGHT WEEKS.). They also refused to listen to reason. I avoided the pet pages for this reason exactly and they still found me.

So the first person who showed interest in actually getting them for meat or feeders I sold all the culls to them hella cheap just to get rid of. They easily made off with $100+ worth of cull rabbits for around $20. All because I was tired of being harassed.

The following user would like to thank ScarletAcres for this post
Homer

Site Supporter
5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
United States of America Male
BunnyBucks: 11,721.00

Re: Anyone else tired of this?

Post Number:#2  Unread postby michaels4gardens » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:23 am

love it...
meat-mutt rabbits, a few laying hens.

Site Supporter
2 years of membership2 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 1,071.00

Post Number:#3  Unread postby Shea » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:40 am

I had a friend and her son visiting awhile back. Now I may be odd but a 4wk old bunny is aweful cute even if it is destined for the freezer, so I may have been cuddling one when they were there. One honest comment on how it was a freezer camp not pet bunny saw me the victim of the son who unknowingly to me is now a militant vegan. I believe there was a 30 minute rant where eating meat was equated to eating "dead baby dick" unquote. Suffice to say I have not spoken with either of them in sometime.

Site Supporter
5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 10,202.00

Post Number:#4  Unread postby Homer » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:07 am

Don't fight with the ARA nuts! I never post my phone number on C/L anymore. Make them reply if interested using C/L spoofed email addy with their number and call them when you have time. If it's a nut send a trash reply just hold down the shift key and hit delete. :P

If I were you Shea I'd have shown him the door and told him "don't let it hit you in the ass on the way out". :angry: You're in MY home.
Previous owner of the elusive and much sought after "Get Away With It" card.

The following user would like to thank Homer for this post
michaels4gardens

Site Supporter
BunnyBucks: 1,071.00

Post Number:#5  Unread postby Shea » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:37 am

There was bit of back and forth, trying to find some logic or reason to his ranting, there wasn't. Which is why it went on so long. Then I was trying to make sure he wouldnt sneak in and release them all. :|

Post Number:#6  Unread postby ScarletAcres » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:58 pm

I'm so sorry that happened to you! Vegan ARA are the absolute WORSE

Site Supporter
BunnyBucks: 11,721.00

Post Number:#7  Unread postby michaels4gardens » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:11 pm

dealt with a few.. Homer is right...
meat-mutt rabbits, a few laying hens.

BunnyBucks: 971.00

Post Number:#8  Unread postby Ghost » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:13 pm

ScarletAcres wrote:I posted to my local craigslist page ... As soon as my ad went up my email was blasted with ARA and pet person nonsense. People calling me heartless and what not for refusing to pet place overly aggressive cull animals (and I mean AGGRESSIVE, one cull buck caused me to need stitches and he was only eight weeks old EIGHT WEEKS.). They also refused to listen to reason. I avoided the pet pages for this reason exactly and they still found me.

This is the best reason to create a special email address. You can Google for free email and you can find a few websites that offer these. That would be the email I offered to discuss topics based around livestock trading.

I've seen Craigslist, but I haven't used it, so I'm not sure how hard it's linked to your "real identity". But I might consider creating a separate CL account and using only the alt-email for it. I know phone apps are linked to your real number. Thankfully CL was started before smartphones so you should be able to use a laptop/desktop to make an account and then just not use your phone for that.

I'm a sort an old school nerd and I remember when people kept there on-line life separated form there IRL life.
You have to do the most good for the most. You must remember that a few won't make it. Don't be ashamed to shed a tear for the ones lost along the way, we will not hold it against you. Just remember "the herd goes on".

Post Number:#9  Unread postby ScarletAcres » Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:31 am

Ghost wrote:
ScarletAcres wrote:I posted to my local craigslist page ... As soon as my ad went up my email was blasted with ARA and pet person nonsense. People calling me heartless and what not for refusing to pet place overly aggressive cull animals (and I mean AGGRESSIVE, one cull buck caused me to need stitches and he was only eight weeks old EIGHT WEEKS.). They also refused to listen to reason. I avoided the pet pages for this reason exactly and they still found me.

This is the best reason to create a special email address. You can Google for free email and you can find a few websites that offer these. That would be the email I offered to discuss topics based around livestock trading.

I've seen Craigslist, but I haven't used it, so I'm not sure how hard it's linked to your "real identity". But I might consider creating a separate CL account and using only the alt-email for it. I know phone apps are linked to your real number. Thankfully CL was started before smartphones so you should be able to use a laptop/desktop to make an account and then just not use your phone for that.

I'm a sort an old school nerd and I remember when people kept there on-line life separated form there IRL life.

Thankfully cl can give you a fake email which when it gets replied to gets forwarded to your normal email! This is what I normally use.

The following user would like to thank ScarletAcres for this post
michaels4gardens