Strange

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chubbybunnies

Reaction score
I had a new to me buck mount a doe, both the head and back end, and seemed very eager, but this is where it gets weird. He did not fall off and on both her face and hind quarter there was, noticeable but not an excessive amount, of blood.

Any ideas?!

:all-ears:

sometimes, ... bucks rub their penis or sheath raw when breeding "in the wrong spot" [IE: on the head, or above the tail] , and slight bloody tinge on the doe fur, is all you see afterwords ...because, the penis is withdrawn into the sheath and then back inside, so- it is no longer visible after breeding..

michaels4gardens":gagrodrq said:
sometimes, ... bucks rub their penis or sheath raw when breeding "in the wrong spot" [IE: on the head, or above the tail] , and slight bloody tinge on the doe fur, is all you see afterwords ...because, the penis is withdrawn into the sheath and then back inside, so- it is no longer visible after breeding..

That does make sense! The doe I put him in with just laid flat, would not lift at all.

ladysown":gagrodrq said:
odd...did you check him over well?

Yes I did check him over well, he seemed to be just fine. He was jumping around and eating well.

Back