Extremly puzzling color!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KimitsuKouseki

Reaction score
Here I am asking for my english angora friend again. An unknown color poped up and we are both stumped. When she sends pictures to other people they all say it's a lilac tort, but I've seen it in person and we both think it's something else. Lilac tort should be a peach color with hints of grey.
The belly is white, most of the body is a medium grey a different shade then blue would be and then she has a crown of sand color. When researching, it looks similar to a lilac sable but the only picture I found on my color matrixes only show the head so its hard to tell.

21cz86a.jpg

30afia1.jpg

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOWBK9AgN3s&list=UUnLg4C3szTM30aPEZpf5XCA&index=2[/youtube]
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-zX291vPmE&list=UUnLg4C3szTM30aPEZpf5XCA&index=1[/youtube]

when she was younger
2cdzp1d.jpg

21e8bvq.jpg

Father's pedigree:
2zqeeiw.jpg

Mom's pedigree:
2lbe6j7.jpg

Reference showing the lilac sable I found:
1zgrrk4.png

Alright, got more info for you.

Here's a few more pictures:
15her80.jpg

rs4whu.jpg

34xrfbt.jpg

Her mother is a black harlequin
Her father is a blue harlequin

Her granpa Bach:
1znapdv.png

Also we found the picture of Clovis, my good boy as a baby and they look strikingly similar at the same age.
de1mbq.jpg

and here's how he turned out as an adult:
23mvrxl.jpg

Bach is Clovis's father.

So unless Clovis has been misindentified too, she's be a blue point like him I guess? The way wool changes on this breed makes it so difficult sigh.

Another color that it might be is an opal, they have a tanner belly and the tan other places too?

its not a blue tort, doesnt look like one at all in person. For now we'll just see how she ages, but we're thinking she'll be blue point like clovis and is just in a weird color phase right now

if she has sable in her background, or siamese sable, they can go through some odd colour shifts. The wide band from the harlequin won't help either.

Back