How to sell meat online?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GBov

Reaction score
So, while the idea I am toying with is not quite rabbit meat, I thought it might be best to put my question here as it does deal with live animals into meat.

I looked online to see what snake meat goes for - a spark from a discussion with my kids - and discovered it goes for SHOCKING prices!

Then I looked on Craigslist to see what pythons sell for locally and there are loads for sale, many for quite low prices. Mostly Ball Pythons right now but with CL, that changes all the time.

So I started wondering if I bought pythons off CL for low prices, fed them until they were nice and stout if they needed it or butchered right away if they were already stout - yes, I have had many snakes in the past - and sold them as meat and hides, would net me a profit and the "on paper" numbers look really good.

But my luck at finding any information on HOW to sell meat online is not great today so I thought I would ask you lovely people...

Does anyone know how one goes about selling something like snake meat online?

I like the way your head works .. however,
...my experience selling produce won't help much..
I wonder if it is "regulated" like some other meat "products"... [it might not be depending on how it is labeled]
I once called the USDA to ask some questions.. they were actually pretty helpful...

michaels4gardens":1ow7a3sp said:
I like the way your head works .. however,
...my experience selling produce won't help much..
I wonder if it is "regulated" like some other meat "products"... [it might not be depending on how it is labeled]
I once called the USDA to ask some questions.. they were actually pretty helpful...

What? Like, talk to the people in charge? Frightening thought, that is. :shock: :lol:

My brother says "Your head is a really weird place to be!" about how my mind works but boxes are so boring! :D

Back