Checking In and Saying Hello

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey Y'all!

It's been awhile since I've been on and posted, but I am always aware that y'all are my teachers! I try to send as many new rabbit owners here to RT and tell the regular rabbit folks that if they have questions to come post on RT also. It's like the 'Ask the Audience' cheat on 'Who Wants to be a Millionaire?' All the answers may not be correct, but a vast majority of them are.

Two years ago I found out my DD is allergic to rabbits, so she has stopped showing and helping around the rabbits. She does love looking at the babies still! My son will come and show with me, he generally will show in Youth rather than Open. We always lay bets on how many kits a doe had before taking them out of the nest box for the first time. Their schooling ends in another week and I'm looking forward to spending the summer with my teens.

I'm still breeding New Zealand Reds. Last summer one of my Reds took BOB at an Ohio County Fair and this past month one of my Red doelings took Youth BOSV in both shows at the Mini Convention in Columbus, Ohio, with her new owner. YAY! I have folks coming from out of state for rabbits, which is a shock to me considering the small scale I breed on, and judges keep liking my rabbits when I'm able to show. This spring I had a meat pen DQ'd since one of the Reds was 6lbs at 10 weeks!!! What a problem to have, yeah?

My sister who had the farm and raised NZs sold her place last fall and went to to India, perhaps permanently. She is involved with Bible education work (not a missionary, there is a difference) and she has had a wonderful time being there so far. She's spent the last five year learning Hindi and Kannada (another language spoken in India) and folks are amazed how well she speaks both languages. Thankfully many speak English in India also, so when her vocabulary runs short, there's always English to fall back on.

My husband and I celebrated our 20th anniversary last fall. Seems like forever and no time at all.

My mom did CPR on her best friend's husband three days ago when he had a massive heart attack, while the wife was on the phone with 911. He's in the hospital still and hopefully will have a good prognosis this Friday. My mom is 70, so it's never too late to learn First Aid.

Have a good night everyone and see ya around!!

Latest posts

Back