Identifying Pet Rabbit

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crystalrussell87

Reaction score
I decided to go out to a local pet store and get my girls a bunny the problem is i have no info. Would someone please help me out? <br /><br /> __________ Mon May 06, 2019 7:25 pm __________ <br /><br /> What breed of Rabbit do I have?

Attachments

• 20190301_195942_Easy-Resize.com (1).jpg
    20190301_195942_Easy-Resize.com (1).jpg
    163 KB · Views: 1,573
I hope he will be ok <br /><br /> __________ Mon May 06, 2019 8:03 pm __________ <br /><br /> I know in the picture he was only like 5 months

I guess the problem with buying a rabbit from a pet store is you never know why the breeder sold to the store. Does the breeder just prefer to sell through pet stores. Or did the breeder just have some "extra" rabbits and the ones that he/she could not sell through regular channels get sold to the store.

As for as the "look" of the rabbit I do not believe that is really an issue. When it comes to being a good pet temperament along with health is the overriding issue. Body shape, hair and hair color are the main factors when it comes to acceptance into an ARBA sanctioned breed/category. It turns out that that those genes are a different set than those for temperament.

It would have been nice to know that person breeding your rabbit breed for a good pet terminate. You never know, your rabbit could turn out to make the best pet. Bottom line, don't worry what your rabbit "looks" like, worry about how your rabbit acts.

So far his temperament is great I'm able to pick him up so with out biting. He seems to be a good rabbit. I actually got him from Buzz and Bees .

Congrats on getting your first rabbit! I'm sure you'll enjoy him :)
In my opinion he appears to be a Netherland dwarf or Netherland dwarf cross breed. He's very cute though, and quite the handsome lil' dude.
what's his name?

Looks like that one https://www.animalpicturesociety.com/rabbit-types-with-pictures-5d25 but with another color.
But didnt find the breed. Will be interesting to hear.

Back