Exciting morning!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chubbybunnies

Reaction score
We had one does deliver a confirmed 3 alive popples from what I can see in the box. Not sure how many are under and around her that I can’t see!

We also have another doe that was haystashing this morning, so hopefully she has some by the time I go to work!! :pinkbunny:

Well, we ended up with only three healthy kits, but I can’t complain. Went out to check in them before bed last night and they had nice round bellies as well, which I was kind of surprised she fed them already.

Our other doe was stashing hay, but I cleaned out her pen and after seemed to stop and hasn’t really built a nest since. Do most does build early nest? The other three litters we’ve had, they didn’t build a nest until a couple hours before (morning of usually) do some does build them in advance? She didn’t pull any fur. Could it be a false pregnancy? She had bite marks on the back of her neck, like she was bred when we got her. That was two weeks ago. One of my males covered her and had a fall off but that was only 2 weeks ago. Any ideas?

3 seems to be the luck number for kits right now. Had one doe produce 3 and they’re happy and healthy eating regular food at 5 weeks now. One doe produce about 8-10 and it was a disaster from the get go and lost all of them. And now this doe has produced 3.

Back