why - for you rabbit guru`s

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bubba man

Reaction score
ok my 2 does are now seperated - if you read my other posts you`ll know why - anyhow the one we had spayed won`t let my wife go near her she can`t even go in the cage with food she attacks her - no problem with me i`ll grab her and pet her - no problem - anybody know why

Rabbits are kind of like people, -- some have mental and emotional problems, likes and dislikes.... some, will suddenly develop a dislike for another rabbit, or a particular person.. I have seen it lots.. but have no idea what they are thinking , or feeling. I used to think that some does attacked a woman, but not me... because of the "female hormones" they detect... however, just like human behavior, ... I have decided that I am actually clueless about the "why" of it all.

Haven't noticed this with rabbits, but have observed that our goat does are more apt to accept female than male wwoofers or other volunteers who go into the pasture as part of their work. The does will make at least token butting motions and sometimes actually butt guys. Have no idea why. And this is with strangers, not people who are familiar to them.

Rabbits are funny critters. There is an excellent website that explains many rabbit behaviours based on their body language. Many members have found it helpful when needing to modify a rabbit's behaviour.

http://language.rabbitspeak.com/

Just a thought . . . women's voices tend to be higher pitched than men's. I found it a bit helpful with aggressive roosters to speak in a deeper voice around them. Might be worth a try.

Latest posts

Back