Register

What a difference willing does make

Discussion of all aspects of rabbits as meat animals. If this subject is offensive to you, please do not visit.
7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 14,460.00

What a difference willing does make

Post Number:#1  Unread postby GBov » Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:44 pm

Now that the girls are starting to come back into breeding condition and the bucks actually know one end of a doe from the other, breeding is so much easier.

I could even put one of my young bucks with my formerly very aggressive doe and she was like a lamb with him. Her kits are 2 weeks old right now so she was ready and willing.

He was a bit surprised, he has only met does smaller than himself so far but he did the job just fine.

Booted tricolor to a blue otter is not a usual cross but two and four generations back she has tri in her pedigree so this should be a nice test, both of her and of him.

I only kept her because of her size and coat as otters are not my favorite but I am so glad I did, she has the only viable litter so far.

And when I had to do a quick recapture of Vortex (I thought I needed to fix that door :roll: ) I traded her space with Monty so she is in a cage of her own and River Song is in with him.....

She was willing and he was able, three times in under a min.

Energizer bunnies anyone? :lol:

Site Admin
9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership
Canada Female
BunnyBucks: 61,334.00

Re: What a difference willing does make

Post Number:#2  Unread postby MaggieJ » Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:28 am

It's spring!

:springtime: :lovers: :lovers:

:bunnyhop: :pancake:
:lilbunny: :lilbunny: :lilbunny: :lilbunny: :lilbunny: :lilbunny: :lilbunny: :lilbunny: :lilbunny: :lilbunny: :lilbunny:
Sojourning in 1894 . . .

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 14,460.00

Re: What a difference willing does make

Post Number:#3  Unread postby GBov » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:05 am

MaggieJ wrote:It's spring!

:springtime: :lovers: :lovers:

:bunnyhop: :pancake:
:lilbunny: :lilbunny: :lilbunny: :lilbunny: :lilbunny: :lilbunny: :lilbunny: :lilbunny: :lilbunny: :lilbunny: :lilbunny:

A mixed bag this spring, one good litter, one failed, two due next week and an epic fail in the bator.

A right rollercoaster its been! :lol: