weird behavior

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bubba man

Reaction score
ok bought 2 females i was told saw them fooling around one day one who was a little bigger i now thought was a male the other one started pulling it`s fur now i know the other one is a male [ no i didn`t check him well i did but couldn`t tell ] so i brought the male to get neutered and deal with the kit when they come - vet calls and says it is a female so i had her spayed antway [ $200] - now they ARE IN SEPERATE HUTCHES AND THE OTHER ONE IS STILL PULLING FUR - WHAT IS GOING ON //////

bubba man":1zws3xbj said:
did you not reAD my post they are both does [ girls ]

What makes you think that dfr1973 didn't read your post? It doesn't matter if they are both females, false pregnancy is still possible.

When one doe mounted the other, it likely triggered ovulation . . . That's the way it happens with rabbits. The eggs are released as a result of sexual stimulation. Of course, if both are females, there would be no sperm to fertilize the eggs, but the doe may still "feel" pregnant due to hormones and act accordingly.

I've heard that usually a false pregnancy lasts about 17-21 days, and then the nest building and fur pulling etc. tapers off.

It would be to your advantage to buy a good book on raising rabbits -- or borrow one from the library if you don't want to purchase one. Having a good general understanding of rabbits will make raising them a better experience, both for you and the rabbits.

Latest posts

Back