They are hatching!!!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GBov

Reaction score
Well, one is out of its egg and peeping. A girl!

One Cream Legbar out of its egg, 11 to go. :popcorn:

3,000 miles by post, yeh, one actually will be enough of a hatch to please me but oooooo please let some more hatch!

dfr1973":2q779ghq said:
It never gets old, no matter how many times you see and hear it. (Says the woman with 109 chicks on the ground outside.)

:lol: Nope, it never gets old. Nor does it get old bringing in the eggs, it is always brill to see the different colors.

I hereby place my order for a couple day old chicks! Delivery around this time in 2020, 2021??

Congrats on the new venture!

WyoWool":32yw8vgt said:
I hereby place my order for a couple day old chicks! Delivery around this time in 2020, 2021??

Congrats on the new venture!

Order accepted! Of course, the one lone female chick had better be a good un! Fingers crossed for more by morning!

Whoo-hoo! :bouncy:

Here's hoping for the other eleven!
:egghatch: :egghatch: :egghatch: :egghatch: :egghatch: :egghatch: :egghatch: :egghatch: :egghatch: :egghatch: :egghatch: :egghatch:

:( Only one so far and when I took her out I dipped each egg into warm water to prevent shrinkwrapping.

The eggs rattled.

Realized I had used unboiled tap water at locked down so the bacteria in our well water formed a skim across the top of the reservoirs and prevented the humidity getting high enough.

So while the hatch would have been great, it wasnt and my dream of a small hatchery now consists of one chick.

My test hatch last month to see if the mason jars would keep the humidity at the right level was perfect, which makes this one little unthinking mistake all the harder to deal with.

Ah, that's so disappointing. :cry: Still . . . a hen chick has a future, even of it will not be able to produce purebred chicks so soon. Any chance you can try again? At least you know the eggs were viable, so buying again from the same source would not seem like such a risk.

Can you get some company for your lonely only chick? She'll do better with a companion and won't drive you nuts with non-stop shrieking. (Of course, you know that already, GBov, but some other readers of this thread may not.)

MaggieJ":2c88t3xl said:
Ah, that's so disappointing. :cry: Still . . . a hen chick has a future, even of it will not be able to produce purebred chicks so soon. Any chance you can try again? At least you know the eggs were viable, so buying again from the same source would not seem like such a risk.

Can you get some company for your lonely only chick? She'll do better with a companion and won't drive you nuts with non-stop shrieking. (Of course, you know that already, GBov, but some other readers of this thread may not.)

Yep, went to RK today to get her some company and you are right, to have a healthy hen chick is a good thing. And yes, next winter I will order more eggs but for now, I will hatch more from my main flock.

AFTER the move though. It is hard to have eggs and an empty bator though, soooooo haaaarrrrrrd! :lol:

GBov":3o6fn5jw said:
And yes, next winter I will order more eggs but for now, I will hatch more from my main flock.

AFTER the move though. It is hard to have eggs and an empty bator though, soooooo haaaarrrrrrd! :lol:

Poor GBov! :p I hope you don't get an allergic reaction to having an inactive, oh-so-empty bator!

MaggieJ":366kw33v said:
GBov":366kw33v said:
And yes, next winter I will order more eggs but for now, I will hatch more from my main flock.

Poor GBov! :p I hope you don't get an allergic reaction to having an inactive, oh-so-empty bator!

Funny you should mention that, it is the weirdest thing, I am allergic both to empty ´bators AND empty rabbit cages! :shock:

Seriously, it is so hard to live a normal life with such an affliction. Knowing I am not alone helps me cope though. :lol:

Back