I finally moved out of town again...

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Although we are not "unpacked" yet, I am already enjoying the prospects of "being a farmer" again.
In addition to Rabbits, I also enjoy gardening and growing "unusual vegetables" , and food plants.
On this property [4 acres] ...
There is a fairly big area, at least 100' wide, by 250 feet long , that is kind of like a wide valley/ drainage area coming from the property above this one, the bottom is fairly flat in most of it ,and wide... and "too wet for most crops " ...

What a perfect place for Taro, and rice paddies. I can make berms across the bottom to hold back the water, and put a piece of pipe through the berm so the water can run to the next paddy when a few inches of water are retained. With the inch/week average rainfall in this area, those paddies should stay "wet enough" even during the july/August dry spell that is "normal" for this area, [we had a dry spell the first year we were here, but..did not have a dry spell at all last year.]

If I do that "paddy project",.. I will have to add some small fish to the paddies each spring , or if they dry out, - ..to eat mosquito larvae ...

Attachments

• IMG_20190401_191028.jpg
    IMG_20190401_191028.jpg
    628.8 KB · Views: 621
That's great news, Michael! :bouncy: I'm so happy for you. I'm looking forward to hearing updates as you move ahead with your projects.

Your rice paddy idea sounds interesting. If you used tadpoles instead of small fish, they'd likely develop legs and lungs by the time the paddies dry up . . . and they'd repopulate themselves.
:crazyfrog: :crazyfrog: :crazyfrog:

Back