Register

How to back a fur lap throw?

Discussion of fur breeds, tanning pelts, using the furs, marketing.
7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 14,255.00

Re: How to back a fur lap throw?

Post Number:#16  Unread postby GBov » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:56 pm

Ghost wrote:So you have pictures of rabbits and pictures of the quilt. I'm thinking this is sort of a puzzle. Is the object to the puzzle to figure out where each rabbit's hide fits into the quilt? :mrgreen:

If their is no game intended in this thread, was there anyone else reading the thread who thought this could be a game? :lol:

It could indeed be a game, but it will be a game for the future! :lol: The herd is mainly to produce lots of harli/tri pelts to make a blanket that is just tri/harli. Oooooo I know it is counting pelts before they are born but can you imagine the blanket?

Site Admin
9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership
Canada Female
BunnyBucks: 61,314.00

Post Number:#17  Unread postby MaggieJ » Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:31 am

Beautiful work, GBov! :goodjob:
Sojourning in 1894 . . .

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Post Number:#18  Unread postby GBov » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:09 am

MaggieJ wrote: Beautiful work, GBov! :goodjob:

Thank you! :D I had chills last night so wrapped myself up in it, it warmed me up a treat.

Now, to make it bigger.

1 year of membership
United States of America Male
BunnyBucks: 75.00

Post Number:#19  Unread postby DoozyWombat » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:02 am

That is one beautiful throw! I'll bet the wool adds extra warmth, too.

Post Number:#20  Unread postby GBov » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:14 am

DoozyWombat wrote:That is one beautiful throw! I'll bet the wool adds extra warmth, too.

Aw, thank you! The wool does make it extra warm but it also pads the back so I don't feel the stitching lines which is what I wanted.

It is too small though - 30 inch by 36 inch - so I am now working on patchwork squares - about 6 by 6 - that will each be backed and stuffed, like little flat pillows. They will be stitched on as a border which will give me extra size and, if I need, I can run two rows which will give a generous lap throw instead of the stingy one it is now.

And they will frame the central panel which should look nice as well.

I love doing things like this but waiting on more wool is making me mental, I ordered samples almost two weeks ago!

The following user would like to thank GBov for this post
DoozyWombat

Previous