Could my french lop buck be vienna marked?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunny love

Reaction score
My solid blue buck has a small white mark on his ear I assumed it was an old injury and the hair grew back white. But I noticed today that he also has white whiskers. He has produced 5 litters with the same chestnut doe and never has produced any offspring that are vienna marked, but I get 1 or 2 snow white bunnies with blue eyes in most of his litters. I'm wondering now if I should tell potential buyers that they may carry the vienna gene.

Attachments

• Webp.net-resizeimage (14).jpg
    Webp.net-resizeimage (14).jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 834
  • Webp.net-resizeimage (16).jpg
    Webp.net-resizeimage (16).jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 834
  • Webp.net-resizeimage (15).jpg
    Webp.net-resizeimage (15).jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 834
If you're getting blue eyed whites both parrents are carriers of vienna so yes it's something you can tell your customers if you think it's pertinent.
You're just getting weird luck, eventually you'll most likelly get some VM too, you mightve already and just not noticed since the marks can be small like on your buck. Had one in the past where her mark was that small on her vulva.

I'd guess that those were frosties and not BEW, and the mark on his ear was a scar or white spotting and not VM. It's a strange placement for vienna marking, and vienna is rare in french lops

That mark doesn't look Vienna, but from a scar

I also think your blue buck is a blue chinchilla, possibly steeled, and the kits are frosties

Dood and Sable Steel, You are both right! The 2 babies in question are 1 month old now and both have grey coming in on the tops of their tails, but pure white otherwise and they still have those pretty blue eyes. I do get several chins in all of their litters together as well as opals and orange. Dood I breed an opal doe to her chinchilla brother. My blue buck is their father. I got 3 solids like my buck in that litter. Do you think they would be blue chins as well?

Back