Will they become biters?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a7736100

Reaction score
This is my first litter that I handled the kits twice daily for the first 3 weeks. Mother didn't make a nest so I took the kits and placed them in a box. I kept the mother indoors and brought the kits to her every morning and night. I didn't leave the kits in the cage because my cat would reach in and get the kits. Kits are almost 4 weeks old now and are in the cage with mother. The last couple days all the kits are licking my hand and trying to bite. I know they are just trying to see if my hand is good to eat. If I continue to let them bite me will they grow up to be biters and unsuitable as pets?

As long as they are being friendly i wouldn't worry. Lots of my babies have done this and have been super sweet/friendly. If they dont stop in a couple weeks or it gets more intense, you could squeal like it hurts to hopefully deter them before the 8 week marker.

When bunnies around here do a taste test, they get a solid (but still gentle) thump on the nose. They don't do it twice. They won't know you don't like it unless you let them know about it.

Latest posts

Back