• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rabbit Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Finished mittens, what would you sell em for?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KimitsuKouseki

Reaction score
Hi guys
You can read my sob story after the pics if you'd like but these are it:
They are 100% Angora. The yarn is from Nikita, my spoiled indoor rabbit who's a half lionhead half english angora, and Barbie, a pure english angora whom I've sadly had to cull from my herd and this is the last of her yarn. The yarn is Hand spun with a drop spindle then 3 ply from the spindle by hand using the Navajo technique. The mittens were custom fitted to my father, so men size. The bulk of the mittens are crochet for strength and the wrists are knitted for stretch and for that reason I invented the pattern obviously. Considering all of this, what do you think would be a fair asking price on these? And if someone wants to buy em, let me know.
15xac74.jpg

mw8wut.jpg

Now the sob story for why I'm thinking of selling em:
For over a year now my father has pestered me for some angora mittens and I've finally been able to make em, but relationship with him has gotten bad for a while now. I can't just leave at the moment unless I kill my whole herd cause I cant bring em with me in an apartment and he certainly wont care for em. I have some neighbors who could maybe care for em a few weeks but thats all. He's making threats of kicking me out or selling the house to force me out, if I dont make more money then I'm currently making even if I'm already trying my best. Things have been though for me between my health and trauma since my car accident last month and no matter how much he knows that, he acts like a cartoon ostrich with his head in the ground and makes scenes. I was very proud of last week with how much work I did on my sewing orders, shovelling the snow that was treatening to crush the rabbitry and working on his mittens, but tonight he made a huge scene and I'm uncertain how long I can keep putting up with him with things as bad as they are. No matter what I do it's never enough and it's wrong as far as he's concerned. And those mittens? He'd be happy for a second sure, but then he'll put them aside saying I wasted my time making em insted of working on my sewing orders. So what's the point? Might as well sell em. Heck even if I do sell em he'll say it's worthless "hobby" money that wont mean anything. So regardless I lose, but at least maybe someone else will apreciate them more then he would.

I'm so sorry you're going through all that. Those mittens are lovely though. I'm really not sure what you should ask for them, all I can contribute is that a friend of mine sold a pair of fingerless satin angora gloves for $80 here in the southwest.

you could think of the minimum you would want for them (or an average price) put them up on ebays with a "buy now" or let people bid for them. up here in Canada they'd probably sell $40

Latest posts

Back