Possible seizure, video attached

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huxley

Reaction score
I’m taking Kinsley In first thing in the morning, just looking for insight to being with me to the vet.
This is the second take she has had major full body convulsions. First time was about a month and a half ago. One time deal breeder said to keep an eye on her. Tonight she had another. Lasted about 10 seconds. Earlier this evening she was walking “flattened” basically army crawling but again lasted maybe 10 seconds then was back to normal. Right after this she got back up and started walking normally again.

Could she be having seizures? Or would this be more viral issues maybe?
Any insight is great appreciated also any suggesting on test to run?
I have bunny insurance, so cost is not an issue. <br /><br /> __________ Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:16 am __________ <br /><br /> Okay so apparently I can’t post the video, but she went to stretch, with her front end down and her but up and her back half went into convulsions, sprawled out like frog legs.

Attachments

• DD0B450A-5B71-4865-902B-3A4A2442AC24.jpeg
    DD0B450A-5B71-4865-902B-3A4A2442AC24.jpeg
    189.1 KB · Views: 1,026
https://www.instagram.com/p/BsXhkoMlWqR/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=16tfc10o77ly3

I’m not sure if the link will attach but this is the episode that happened.

That looks like a seizure to me. Sadly, I don't know how to help you, but I hope you can find the source of the problem and get it solved! Your bunny is very cute

Yes, unfortunately.. I have seen this before, I once worked at "Best Friends" animal sanctuary, [They had loads of EC rabbits there]..
If it is EC...
If treated promptly, it can have a reduction in symptoms and these seizures may stop. EC usually affects either the front or the back end, but usually not both. This is consistent with front end [brain and cervical] infection. [Sometimes you also notice circling, or the head tilted] ..

Found a exotic vet that specializes in bunnies! He was great, he believes it is not EC, and that she just has some electrical wiring malfunctions. We are going to monitor her since they are so far apart, 2 months between incidents and are under a minute each, 40 seconds and 10 seconds .
If they increase or are 5 minutes or more we are going to start medications but for now since she bounces right back as scary as they when they happen no medications untill needed.

Omg, that was weird. Luckily never seen it in any of my rabbits, hopefully never will. Is it a lionhead breed? Kinda looks like a poodle :D

Latest posts

Back