Nesting too much?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gemma1

Reaction score
Good morning all! I've adopted a week ago a dwarf doe.
I cought my rabbit nesting on Thursday morning. I removed her from outside cage indoors to keep an eye on her and make sure it's warm. Friday morning she build another nest, next to her nesting box. Saturday she moved the hay from the 2nest to the box. Sunday no activity. No fur pulling. Today is Monday ... What are the chances she is going to have the babies? The previous owners are out of town so I'm not sure if she was bred or not.

Nervous does will often stress build nests even if not pregnant. From what you describe it'd be a classic case of that so I'd be carefull just in case but wouldnt hold my breath waiting for any kits. Just let her get used to the environement, once she calms down she should stop. Do mark on your callendar the day you got her and then 30ish days from there in case she was bred right before you got her. If no kits after 30 days, she's not pregnant for sure.

So sounds to me that she has a case of fake pregnancy. I will keep an eye on her for couple more days (ring alarm system is so helpful ;))

-- Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:30 pm --

And it wasn't false .... Literally yesterday I moved her back outside and today I woke up to a healthy litter of 4:) <br /><br /> -- Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:30 pm -- <br /><br /> And it wasn't false .... Literally yesterday I moved her back outside and today I woke up to a healthy litter of 4:)

Well then as long as they are healthy its what matters ^^
She sounded like a classic stress nest builder, but it's always better to be prepared just in case when there is doubt.

Back