Register

Where to sell

Discussion of all aspects of rabbits as meat animals. If this subject is offensive to you, please do not visit.
BunnyBucks: 10.00

Where to sell

Post Number:#1  Unread postby 29rabbits » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:59 am

Hello I just found this site, been reading it a lot the last couple days. So my question is where and how can I sell rabbits. I would like to sell them as meat. Does anybody know of a processor or end user that I could sell to? I am located in NW Iowa. Thanks in advance

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 3,240.00

Re: Where to sell

Post Number:#2  Unread postby a7736100 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:55 pm

Your county extension agent might be able to help.

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 13,940.00

Re: Where to sell

Post Number:#3  Unread postby GBov » Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:13 pm

Or you could try selling one to one. Find someone who wants meat and process the rabbits yourself for them.

I used to sell lots of meat to friends and family.

Doing it yourself, you get the organ meat (frankly, the best part of the rabbit) and the hide. If you have a dog, dogs love heads, feet adn the gutty bits so another plus.

If you joint the carcass up yourself to sell instead of selling it in one piece, you also get to keep the belly meat and the spine and the ribs.

Belly meat makes the best jerky and the bones make a wonderful stock.

With practice, rabbits take less than 5 min each to go from live animal to meat on ice.

The following user would like to thank GBov for this post
michaels4gardens