Day 34 no baby rabbits!?!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HolLop

Reaction score
My Holland Lop was due Friday the 18th that was day 31 and it is now day 34 she keeps constantly going in and out of the nest and she’s been pulling more fur each day. This is the first time this has happened. And I can clearly see the rabbits kicking and moving around. Does anybody know what might be going on?

HolLop":gwdgvsph said:
And I can clearly see the rabbits kicking and moving around. Does anybody know what might be going on?
I'm trying to figure out what you mean by this... you see just the doe kicking and moving around in the nest, or did you mean you see the babies in the nest?

My guess is that if she's had babies, she's jumping in and out to feed them or add more fur to the nest if the weather is cold... but without a little more context I'm afraid I don't understand what you're asking.

Sorry about that I was saying I can see the babies kicking and moving around inside of her. And I’ve looked in the nest she has not had them yet. <br /><br /> -- Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:32 pm -- <br /><br />
Nymphadora":2mseryxh said:
HolLop":2mseryxh said:
And I can clearly see the rabbits kicking and moving around. Does anybody know what might be going on?
I'm trying to figure out what you mean by this... you see just the doe kicking and moving around in the nest, or did you mean you see the babies in the nest?

My guess is that if she's had babies, she's jumping in and out to feed them or add more fur to the nest if the weather is cold... but without a little more context I'm afraid I don't understand what you're asking.

I see! Well, if she's acting agitated, she may be getting ready to kindle. I wouldn't worry too much, I've had a rabbit that went to almost 40 days... :p

(That said, I know it's hard not to worry... but give her some room and only check in minimally, you don't want to stress her out more than she probably already is. Find something to keep you busy in the meantime, and hopefully she has her babies today or tomorrow!)

:good-luck:

Try feeding her a bit of a fruit flavored tums, raspberry leaves, or really any herb high in calcium. Just don't give to much if she's not used to fresh. Sometimes a bit of extra calcium helps to get things going.

My rabbit gave birth to 7 healthy babies without any stillborns on day 43, maybe it is a delayed pregnancy development but she's fine. If she is leaking in the rear, then get help. But day 34 isn't bad, I always start to get upset on day 36. If the babies move and she is pulling fur, then they will come. She is probably pulling so much cause it's so cold. Good luck with your upcoming bundles of bounce!

Latest posts

Back