What are good colors to breed with black magpies

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leah’s Lops

Reaction score
Hi, I’m new here and also extremely new to breeding. I have been doing a lot of online reasearch on genetics and color combos to better understand magpies because that is the doe I currently have that is ready to be bred with. It is confusing to say the least and I haven’t really found any visual examples, just lots of info on harlequins. I have not yet acquired the buck I would breed with her yet because I want to find a color buck that will produce nice colored offspring and avoid any of the no-nos that I may be unaware of. I don’t want to just end up with back and white magpies or murky colors that mess things up for future breedings.

Can anyone guide me on suggestions of what colors are favorable to breed her with and what the litter results would be for those suggestions?

Thanks so so much in advance!

If you'd like more magpies: Magpies, broken mapgies, frosties, broken frosties, maybe sallanders and then Tri's, harlequins, and broken reds (will need to carry a recessive on the C locus to get mapgie)

It really just depends on what colors you would like in your litters. Some combinations will be possible others won't.

Latest posts

Back