Ewwwww I can't watch!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GBov

Reaction score
I hatched an impulse batch of eggs when my hens suddenly got their laying hats on. Shame it only lasted 4 days though! :evil:

Never mind, I set 17 eggs and got 13 chicks so dead chuffed with the rooster.

As my brooder is full of mealworms I had to set up another brooder on the porch, right beside it so from the very first hour in the brooder I have put a large handful of mealworms in with the chicks as it was so handy to reach.

Ewwwwww, chicks tugawarring mealworms is just awful but I have to say, these chicks are some of the liveliest I have ever had. Interesting thing is, they hardly drink any water. :shock:

They may be getting some moisture from the mealworms.

Did the hen hatch them and have a chance to teach them anything before you put them in the brooder? If not, you may want to dip their beaks in the water one at a time so they get the idea.

Congrats to you and your rooster! :chicken4:

Incubator all the way MaggieJ and at 5 days old now, they are drinking but so much less than chicks on crumble, the water level just doesn't seem to drop at all.

But their other food is fermented grain mix so it also has a large water amount to it as well.

It is so interesting to see the difference in these chicks fed live food to crumble chicks, night and day.

Back