Moving a Bun for Winter

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunnyAuntie

Reaction score
I hope this is the right place for this... for those of you who move your outdoor rabbits for winter, do you move them cage and all?
Would it upset a rabbit to be moved to new 'digs' for the winter?
I have a rabbit in an outdoor hutch that I'd like to move to an enclosed porch for winter. The hutch is too big to be moved so he would have to have a whole new set up. He's 3 years old and has always lived outside. Do you think he would 'adjust'?
I really want to move him to the porch because I have a couple 'iffy' looking trees where he is, we've been having a lot of wind, and I can't get the trees taken down until next spring.
Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you in advance. <3

I agree with Michael--there is no reason to worry about a move of that sort. I used to move all my rabbits from the summer rabbitry under the big willow tree to winter quarters in a shed. Never had a problem. It will be easier for you to take care of him on the porch too and he'll benefit from the extra attention he'll get there.

Mine move cages so often it seems like I am shuffling a deck :lol: and they all do just fine.

Your bun may be a bit skittish at first, just a few days for it to settle in to its new space but they are remarkably adaptable and it should be just fine.

Latest posts

Back