My new favorite cage stand

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GBov

Reaction score
Moving lots over the last few years, keeping my cages at the hight I like them at has been, shall we say "interesting" and always the first job after a move. Quite often the hardest as well.

But NO MORE!!!

I have just discovered the best ever way to support my cages and with a bit of patience, totally free as well. :cool:

Free trampolines show up on Craigslist all the time. Take it apart and then take two of the U shaped legs and two pieces of the round frame that the bouncy mat was attached to.

The mat support pieces have brackets welded to them that just slip over the top of the legs so instead of going in a circle you make a square out of them.

No bolting, no wiring, no tying, they just fit together like they are supposed to but in a different shape, a square instead of parts in a great big circle.

Most trampolines come with a safety surround which has nice long poles that can be attached to the cage stand to hang a roof on as well, with a bit of creativity.

And for moving the bits come apart for easy packing.

I will take pictures in a bit but I am soooooo pleased with figuring out how to do this and even better, with smooth metal uprights instead of the jumble of things my cages have been resting on this summer, the rats should have a harder time hiding from the dogs or climbing up to the cages.

Trampolines are my new favorite thing, they repurpose into about a zillion things!

I framed mine in pvc pipe but it does break down over time unlike metal poles. I think the last ones took 6 years to become brittle with sunlight exposure. Otherwise it's cents a foot and for connectors that can be cut to size.

Nymphadora":qg1i9jvj said:
It looks great, GBov!

Now if only people threw their old trampolines out around here... :lol:

You could put an add on CL that you are looking for a free one? I am now haunting it as I want to build the entire new setup - for after the spring move - and then just pack it all away. That way the move will be easier than normal.

My search engine defaults to trampoline now! :lol: :lol: :lol:

GBOV,

Looking at your blog pictures you certainly are creative and talented! What were you doing with the pool, raising fish by feeding them frogs? Those baskets you made look interesting, do you make large ones?

Thanks,
Allen

Allen":307y4sos said:
GBOV,

Looking at your blog pictures you certainly are creative and talented! What were you doing with the pool, raising fish by feeding them frogs? Those baskets you made look interesting, do you make large ones?

Thanks,
Allen

Thank you :D

The frogs were taking advantage of space in the pool and, as they kept showing up, I kept tossing them in. The plan was to eat them but they need another summer to reach full size and we are moving again in the spring. All of them together would have made a fine meal but with frogs, bigger is better, much less fiddly to clean. The Tilapia and frogs lived together just fine, I found and they certainly made the pool more interesting.

I do make bigger baskets, the small ones grew out of my need to cover my vinegar bottle to keep the flies out but to allow the vinegar to breathe so I made a tiny coil basket to cover the neck of the bottle. It works a treat.

Back