Here is my beautiful group of Standard Rex

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
4 month old steel Beautiful boy has 50% Chance of him producing Broken's. (he will be my 2nd go to buck)

4 Month old Broken Tri Buck (This boy will be my first go to buck to breed my doe's to for his color and marking's. He has great body type and is really beautiful)( In my years of breeding rabbits i had been looking for this color marking rabbit and well I finally found him and he is ALL MINE)

4 Month old Black Harlequin doe (I use to not like solid colored rabbits But this doe has changed my mind on Harlequin's she is really pretty)

2 1 year old sister's Broken Castor's (correct me if i am wrong on the color) ( 1 sister is really nesting we should have babies hopefully today at the breeder's home she was bred to a solid Blue Rex Un-related to anyone) (the other sister was recently bred 11/21/2018 to a broken castor buck we should have babies here on 12/21/2018)

I So can't wait to get these 5 rabbit's I will hopefully have 5 day old new born babies and 1 doe that is pregnant and due next month.

1st: reason why i am buying rabbits Is I want to learn how to tan and make things with there hide's
2nd: reason I LOVE Love rabbit meat
3rd: reason I have 4 dogs that I just started on a raw based diet and well I like to breed the animals i need for there diet Although there raw food is only Half of the dogs diet I do feed a quality dry dog food so they get the things they need.
4th: reason Standard Rex rabbit's seem to sell well in my area so if i don't raise them for meat or keep them for my own breeder's then i will advertise them for sale to people.

but yeah here are my 5 beautiful rabbit's that i will be picking up here on the 28th of this month so in 6 more days. <br /><br /> -- Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:38 pm -- <br /><br /> From bottom to top the picture's didn't go in order.
4 month old steal buck
4 month old broken tri
4 month old Harlequin doe
2 broken castor's sisters

Attachments

• IMG_3707_resized.jpg
    IMG_3707_resized.jpg
    298.6 KB · Views: 642
  • IMG_4195_resized.jpg
    IMG_4195_resized.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 643
  • IMG_3827_resized.jpg
    IMG_3827_resized.jpg
    271 KB · Views: 643
  • IMG_4162_resized.jpg
    IMG_4162_resized.jpg
    252.2 KB · Views: 643
  • IMG_3790_resized.jpg
    IMG_3790_resized.jpg
    215.5 KB · Views: 642
I know I'm a little behind, but welcome to RabbitTalk, Standardrexbreeder!
:welcomewagon:

I personally love the Rex breed, they're such darlings (not that I'd be upset if some Satins or Angoras walked onto my property... :oops:).

Standardrexbreeder":1t2i06vj said:
4 month old steel Beautiful boy has 50% Chance of him producing Broken's.
Solid rabbits can't really "carry" broken... but crossing a solid buck to a broken doe will give you 50% broken kits. Since you have some broken does, is that what you meant?

Standardrexbreeder":1t2i06vj said:
4 Month old Broken Tri Buck (This boy will be my first go to buck to breed my doe's to for his color and marking's. He has great body type and is really beautiful)
You may already know this, but breeding him to your other broken does gives you a 25% chance for Charlies, which in addition to being unshowable sometimes have GI issues (I have one in a current litter, it's just something to keep an eye on).

The does look very sweet, I'm definitely partial to broken castors, but the harlequin is cute!

Let us know how it goes when you pick up your rabbits tomorrow, I'm sure you're very eager to get them. :)

Lovely bunch of bunnies

I've never seen a gold tip steel in a Rex coat befor and I love the unique effect the shorter fur has

Harlequin and magpie are two of my favourite colours but then I'm also partial to tortsoishell cats and brindle coated dogs ;)

Back