She Kindled! but....

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

golden rabbitry

Reaction score
Hi guys! Well Sapphire kindled around a week ago to Holland lop mixes. She had 3 live and healthy babies, yet had 5 stillborn. She has never had that many stillborn before and i don't know if it was the weather change or something that caused it???? Any ideas? Also I am looking for some winter tips on raising kits because i always breed for Christmas babies and would need some pointers here and there for hacks and ideas how to make it easier so if you have done this for awhile and have some tips that would be great! :bunnyhop:

As akane mentioned in the chat, it could be that the 4th kit in the litter got stuck... and the rest may have died as a result. If one looked a bit "stretched", that's very likely exactly what happened.

I don't have much in the way of winter tips (it rarely gets below 40 degrees at night here... in the day I'd be surprised to see temperatures below 50), but making sure the rabbits have access to water and enough food is important. Also, if your rabbits are outside, being able to keep them dry and protected from wind seems to be essential.

I wish you the best of luck with Sapphire's 3 kits, any chance you've got any pictures of the cuties? Lop-mix ears are always fun! :D

I know! this was her second time having 8! Something always gos wrong with 8, last time she had 8 and 6 died from the heat cause i was to sick to tend to them and my brother forgot.... but we had 2 that became big and healthy and now we have 3 and got a blue eyed broken orange so i got a great baby!

Latest posts

Back