Register

Rabbit pregnant 5-6 years old??? It was an accident.

A place to post bits of news, ideas, musings and other things that don't really fit into the other forums.
Site Supporter
6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
Female
BunnyBucks: 4,478.00

Rabbit pregnant 5-6 years old??? It was an accident.

Post Number:#1  Unread postby squidpop » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:17 am

I stepped on a nail and 4 hours latter its started hurting like crazy- so I went to the after hours hospital. But before I went I ran around feeding and watering all my rabbits- going ouch ouch ouch, with every step. .....and I accidently left the door open to my stud boys cage. When I came back two hours later I found him having his way with my 5-6 year older pet rabbit that I let run around free to exercise.

She is a larger Jersey Wooly female and he is smaller.
So what will happen do you think? If a rabbit 5-6 years old gets pregnant. I think last time she had a litter she was 3 1/2 and only had two. I'm worried she will just get pregnant with one and it will grow so big she won't be able to squeeze it out. :pancake:

Site Supporter
6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 32,245.00

Re: Rabbit pregnant 5-6 years old??? It was an accident.

Post Number:#2  Unread postby Dood » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:48 am

She'll likely be fine

Rabbits are induced ovulators so the fact she was with the buck for 2 hours and there were likely multiple breedings, the chance of a singleton is reduced

6 is not old for a rabbit and I've got an 8 year old NDwarf X LHead who I still breed once, twice or three times a year

The following user would like to thank Dood for this post
michaels4gardens, squidpop

Site Supporter
Female
BunnyBucks: 4,478.00

Post Number:#3  Unread postby squidpop » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:42 pm

Thank you so much for answering... phew that's a relief. So I don't have to worry so much. Thanks. Her name is Lulu and she's my favorite. :)

Site Supporter
4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 15,052.00

Post Number:#4  Unread postby alforddm » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:02 am

I hope your foot is doing ok.