Rabbit pregnant 5-6 years old??? It was an accident.

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

squidpop

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
I stepped on a nail and 4 hours latter its started hurting like crazy- so I went to the after hours hospital. But before I went I ran around feeding and watering all my rabbits- going ouch ouch ouch, with every step. .....and I accidently left the door open to my stud boys cage. When I came back two hours later I found him having his way with my 5-6 year older pet rabbit that I let run around free to exercise.

She is a larger Jersey Wooly female and he is smaller.
So what will happen do you think? If a rabbit 5-6 years old gets pregnant. I think last time she had a litter she was 3 1/2 and only had two. I'm worried she will just get pregnant with one and it will grow so big she won't be able to squeeze it out. :pancake:

She'll likely be fine

Rabbits are induced ovulators so the fact she was with the buck for 2 hours and there were likely multiple breedings, the chance of a singleton is reduced

6 is not old for a rabbit and I've got an 8 year old NDwarf X LHead who I still breed once, twice or three times a year

Latest posts

Back