Making a pedigree-name & weight question

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WyoBunnies

Reaction score
I have rabbits I would like to breed. They came with pedigrees. When looking at them, they have names like; Dillon's Midnight Sun, Alpine's Smoke N Diamonds, LMBR Ziggy. Why the long names? Is it the rabbitry owner's name, then the rabbit's name?
Also, the weight listed, is it weight at birth or mature weight?

Thank you!

the first word or letters is usually the rabbitry name - so in your case, Dillon's, Alpine's, and LMBR would be the rabbitries. you'll also see names sometimes like "Midnight Blue at The Bun Shop", with the The Bun Shop being the rabbitry name.

Midnight Sun, Smoke n' Diamonds, and Ziggy would be the rabbit's actual name. why they're long, well, that's up to the breeder! it can help keep them unique and fun when you've been breeding for years and run out of more "normal" names.

AWESOME! Thank you!!

EDIT to add....I have one on here name Pumpkin Puss. lmao! :lol: <br /><br /> -- Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:01 pm -- <br /><br /> Another Question! When the weight is listed, is it birth weight?

The weight listed is senior weight. Make sure you keep this updated on your own rabbits, because rabbits cannot be registered without a recorded weight for every animal on the pedigree.

MeadowView":389y080r said:
The weight listed is senior weight. Make sure you keep this updated on your own rabbits, because rabbits cannot be registered without a recorded weight for every animal on the pedigree.

Most of the weights are missing on the pedigrees that were given to me for the rabbits I have. Bah!
Thanks for letting me know the correct way its done. haha

This is a great reminder for me to update some of my pedigrees... :oops:

I know there's three I haven't added senior weight to. Guess I need to get out the bucket to weight them... :twisted: :lol:

Latest posts

Back