Pregnant doe becoming skinny! Help!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WyoBunnies

Reaction score
My pregnant doe is becoming so skinny all ever except her belly! What can i give her to plump her back up? I'm becoming very concerned. I have been feeding her all she wants of grass hay, pellets and greens with occasional carrots, cucumbers, apple slices from our tree and other fruits. I read TUMS and old fashioned oatmeal can help so i gave her 1 TUMS and a little scoop of oatmeal, today.
I've never had a pregnant doe become this boney while pregnant before.

michaels4gardens":h5ohmp9o said:
onion,garlic, garlic chive-- she could have parasites, iE:... worms, or coccidiosis..

How would she have gotten a parasite? None of my other rabbits are skinny/ill. She is also an indoor rabbit.

michaels4gardens":3j1uv9rz said:
even indoor pets need wormed occasionally, they come in on your feet... or in the rabbit food,vegetables, or hay - anything that has had contact with soil

Can i worm her while she's pregnant? Or should i call our vet? <br /><br /> -- Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:23 pm -- <br /><br />
Zass":3j1uv9rz said:
Rapid weight loss is often due to dehydration. Make sure her water bottle is functioning.

She is definitely drinking water. I fill her bottle daily. She is due to kindle any day. She is huge in the belly and she is nesting, shes also extra cranky. Lol

I would give her allium family plants for a few days,[onions or garlic] if it is cocci, it will knock it out in a few days. Garlic will reduce worm populations without hurting her. If she has parasites she will readily eat onions, or garlic, - if she doesn't, she won't eat very much.

michaels4gardens":32jtd7la said:
I would give her allium family plants for a few days,[onions or garlic] if it is cocci, it will knock it out in a few days. Garlic will reduce worm populations without hurting her. If she has parasites she will readily eat onions, or garlic, - if she doesn't, she won't eat very much.

Thank you!!

Latest posts

Back