Nest box for polish

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ladysown

Staff member
Reaction score
You know those boxes that clementines come in?

Do you think if I built up the back and sides that it would work for a nest box for polish rabbits?

They are 8 x 10 inches....

I figure put some cardboard in the bottom of it?

What do you think?<br /><br />__________ Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:59 am __________<br /><br />well....I gave it a go, and I kinda have two nest boxes. they aren't great, but they'll do for one litter at least. :) the wood is VERY springy that they use to make the clementine boxes, so is difficult to get nails into.

But they look to be of good size and should keep the does happy for now.

As long as its a box , the does are happy.

You dont want alot of extra room in the box - somthing small that the doe can fit into and get out.

my babies love the boxes - I have them up on the side turned over and right way up ... it's worth a shot :)

I use plastic dish pans from the dollar store. So that I can put clean them really good. And when they look grose or a doe has had them for to long it's only $1.25 so I get a new one.

There are variables in the opening size that dictate which species can and cannot enter, and in the inside cavity size, which ought to be sizable to accommodate your desired species. If the cavity is sizable, the bird will must spend more energy than necessary to fill the space with nesting material.

Latest posts

Back