Register

Doe refuses to rebreed after lost litter

Addressing the special needs of the breeding doe and her kits. Includes nutrition, gestation, nest boxes and materials, and tips to ensure survival of the young.
7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 2,075.00

Doe refuses to rebreed after lost litter

Post Number:#1  Unread postby Disney » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:38 am

My doe had a litter of 1 survivor on the 29th and I fostered it to another litter, so I would like to rebreed her now that she should be very receptive, but she refuses the male. I tried her yesterday and today but she frantically grunts at the buck and almost attacks him and doesnt let him mount. Normally they would lift right after right? How long after kindling will she calm down and accept the buck?

Site Supporter
4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
United States of America Male
BunnyBucks: 10,041.00

Re: Doe refuses to rebreed after lost litter

Post Number:#2  Unread postby michaels4gardens » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:09 am

JMHO, --If you don't re-breed the same day as kindling - you will most likely have to wait until after day 7 ... all rabbits are not the same, all you can do is keep trying -IE: - check vulva color, then breed in the "purple" phase ...
meat-mutt rabbits, a few laying hens.