Register

Buck not interested in breeding??

Discussions and questions about how best to keep your breeding program running smoothly.
BunnyBucks: 5.00

Re: Buck not interested in breeding??

Post Number:#16  Unread postby AllenGray » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:22 pm

My New Zealand White was born this May, he tries to mate (unfortunately) only when shes not having her heat period.rest of the time ,when i put them close , he just pretends he is sleepy and cant do nothing.

Site Supporter
4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
Austria
BunnyBucks: 3,896.00

Post Number:#17  Unread postby Preitler » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:41 pm

In such a case, when the doe isn't aggressive, I did just put the doe in the bucks hutch for a few days. She wasn't too happy about that, and turned from white/grey to yellow/brown, but it worked.

Another way that works for me every single time is to let their hutch doors unlatched, accidentially, and go away for some hours, I guess feeling smug makes them horny... :evil: , had two surprise litters this year...
"Sometimes I stand by the door and look into the darkness, then I am reminded how dearly I cherish my boredom, and what a precious commodity is so much misery"

3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Jamaica Male
BunnyBucks: 135.00

Post Number:#18  Unread postby Kent » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:57 pm

Careful about leaving them unattended for long. I have a family friend who lost his buck's genitals to an annoyed doe who was left overnight in the cage. Yours is four months old (May to September). Sometimes they don't kick in until a little older.

Previous