Oddities while processing *graphic*

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shea

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
Found a couple oddities while proccessing some rabbits for a friend.
The first was an older doe 5+years old. Was she pregnant or is this a tumor?20180826_114819.jpg

The next was also on an older doe. There were a few white spots on a kidney, may have been on both there was too much fat to tell. 20180826_105923.jpg

And the last was a young buck with blood spots in his lungs. That one Im not sure wasnt my fault, he may have aspirated when dispatched but Im not sure.
Anything sound like I need to inform my friend of an issue?

#1 pregnant...
#2 I have seen those before- but don't know for sure what causes it [I ate them anyway]
I saw a lot of it when i was feeding waste [used] fry oil as a source of energy [fat], in my custom feed ration - I hypothesized that it was due to the hydrogenated fry oil not digesting properly, the rabbit fat also had an off [unappetizing ] odor. So, it may be due to something the rabbit feed she is using...
#3 probably aspirated, I get that sometimes even when using cervical dislocation [if i pull too hard]

When we she bred last? I have never processed a rabbit with an advanced pregnancy but it looks like my cancer doe to me. Sorry for the picture. This does last litter was almost 3 years before this. She was 4 1/2 years old. There is a tumor on her bladder also that looks like a blob of fat in this photo. Lungs were full or tumors also. I take it lungs on that rabbit were fine? This is both uterine horns, full of masses.

IMG_2247 (800x600).jpg

That does not look like pregnancy to me. It looks like a uterine infection. Of course, I've only butchered one pregnant doe, but that time the uterus had distinct lumps, a bit like a string of large pearls, not like this one. Was the uterus soft or firm?

Firm, no lumps were the same size. And the doe had last been bred over a year go maybe longer. I asked and there was no possibility of a pregnancy through wire. She was on a top rack no buck near.

Back