Register

Death certificate.... signed

A place to vent about what's bugging you. Please keep it civil.
1 year of membership
United States of America Male
BunnyBucks: 370.00

Re: Death certificate.... signed

Post Number:#16  Unread postby UFCreel » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:52 am

Why not hang a sheet of Plexiglass over the front of his cage? That way he cant spray you, and you can keep him till you get what you are looking for out of him.

1 year of membership
Canada Female
BunnyBucks: 2,765.00

Post Number:#17  Unread postby KimitsuKouseki » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:50 pm

this is an old post and he has already gone to freezer camp. I did get 2 heirs from his last litter with lolita, 1 male 1 female, both gorggeous double mane tricolors.
The male has better coloring with stronger colors, he's the one with the bigger patch on his flank and the black lines on his forehead.
The female has a slightly better mane. I havent decided who to keep yet, will be keeping both for a long time till I do. One factor that influences things is if I keep the male I can give the female to a breeder friend so I wont lose track of her in case something happens. But if the male grows up to have a horrible mane I'll keep the female. Only time will tell.

Why not hang a sheet of Plexiglass over the front of his cage? That way he cant spray you, and you can keep him till you get what you are looking for out of him.

When his cage was closed I had panels blocking him yes, but when changing the water bowl I had to open the door and thats when he got me.
You know that spraying is a sign of love. I used to have a buck who would jump on me every chance he got but he would also spray all the time.

I knew it was a sign of love yes, but it's still an habbit I couldnt tolerate. Edward did spray for a little while when younger but grew out of it quickly. Boulette started it older and got worse over the 6 months preriod I tolerated it. Also, since he was so beautiful, everyone wanted to look at him when visiting and I always worried he might spray them too, wich he did once to a person who went to see him against my warning.

So did you ever find a taker for poor little Boulette? I'd be happy to help him complete his part in the circle of life, But I can't really come from Texas just to get some rabbit meat.

The idea of eating him still grossed me out so I ended up giving him away to a coworker 2 weeks ago who was curious what rabbit tasted like.

also sorry for being absent latelly, I was taken to the hospital in an ambulance this week due to respiratory distress caused by a cold + my ashma going out of control.

BunnyBucks: 115.00

Post Number:#18  Unread postby WWRabbitry » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:11 pm

My one buck does not spray. I guess I'm lucky, XD

BunnyBucks: 195.00

Post Number:#19  Unread postby LunarFantom » Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:41 pm

Hm... I'll need to remember this and take extra care to line the area around the cages and create high walls in my hutches to make it harder to do this...

Site Supporter
4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 10,227.00

Post Number:#20  Unread postby michaels4gardens » Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:14 pm

I have had some bucks that I put a plastic sheet around the cage, - they would spray me and the rabbits around them.
Since my rabbits have never been in the house, I have never considered culling a buck for spraying. I could make a long list of the animals [and children] that have got pee, or poop in my face, or mouth. For me...That kind of thing is not too troubling .....
meat-mutt rabbits, a few laying hens.

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 13,030.00

Post Number:#21  Unread postby GBov » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:43 pm

I have culled once for spraying, it was a buck that could, and did, spray over five cages away and had a bottomless bladder. OMG the poor rabbits, he was soaking them, it was awful!

And it does NOT wash out of a hide! :roll:

Site Supporter
4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 10,227.00

Post Number:#22  Unread postby michaels4gardens » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:39 am

GBov, ---Some bucks are quite talented aren't they, I also have seen some spray across the isle to hit whomever is in line of fire...

a7736100 wrote:

I've been shot in the mouth many times and it seems from those in lower cages. I think it must be on purpose since I don't remember being spray on my legs. They see my bend over and pow right at the mouth. Anyway they stop spraying when they get older. I've never culled for spraying, only for biting.

That about sums up my feelings---
I also, ignore spraying for the most part. I suppose it would be different if I cared for rabbits in good clothes, but- they are just a part of "chores" ,and work clothes are always part of that.
I have culled rabbits for biting/ aggression. But never for spraying-- I guess I just expect it.. This is probably just a "left over " attitude from yesteryear, and my days of caring for large rabbitries...
meat-mutt rabbits, a few laying hens.

Previous