Kit not growing well, looks mange-y

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MeadowView

Reaction score
Hey y’all, I recently had my first successful litter of checkered giants. Successful is being kind though, as I only have five kits left, only two of which are marked, and one of those is... special.

His surviving littermates are all fat and happy and about twice his size. He’s tiny. He wasn’t always, was actually one of the biggest newborns, but hasn’t been able to keep up with his siblings. He’s always been well fed. He’s hopping in and out of the nest, running around, gorging himself on pellets and hay, generally acts healthy.

Normally I would think he’s just a runt, but he never grew hair like his siblings either. He looks like he has mange. I’ve never seen this before. He has actual bald spots. Just not sure what’s going on, anyone have any insight for me? Will try to snap some pictures.

Although I really don't know-... the kit could have pancreatic dysfunction.
Sometimes these things happen, if it was not for the "hair" problem, I would suggest feeding him some green onions just to see if it was cocci.
What do the green onions do? If it’s cocci?

Back