Lilac?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Castielle

Reaction score
I have this little girl, she’s gorgeous but I just can’t decide what color she is. She’s a lot lighter than my blue, and she doesn’t have eye lacing.
Parents were broken Blue and opal (I think, may have been a Blue otter since I just saw a picture)
She had a sister that was definitely a blue, beyond that I don’t know what colors she has in her lines.
I’m guessing lilac at this point, but I’ve never seen it in person so I’m not sure.
QizkYGF.jpg

y3cPUnA.jpg

LueZggF.jpg

JZ1l0n3.jpg

I can upload more pictures if that would be helpful

Kinda looks like a blue steel to me. If you had her when she was born, was she blue at birth or lighter than blue, almost tannish?

She wasn’t born with me, so I’m not sure what she looked like at birth, she’s one I took on a whim after someone had an accidental litter with their two “female” holland lops, and needed the babies gone since they were going out of town
I didn’t even consider blue seal, I wonder if that might be what she is. she has blue grey eyes. I may just have to test breed her when she’s older to try to work out exactly what she is :lol:

I have a blue booted doe who produces what I call blue marten. It's lighter then blue, it's a solid color, but it's not as pale as lilac and I know 100% she doesnt carry chocolate.

I'm keeping a male from her last litter with my chocolate otter buck.
The baby is a double mane booted blue marten otter male. See if he looks similar to you.
At 5 weeks old:
wb9tg2.jpg

Next to his blue sibling at 2 weeks old:
358t4c2.jpg

Back