Question about french Lop kits ears

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunny love

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I have a quick question. I have 6 French lop kits that are 5 weeks old. This is my first litter. I've noticed that while all 6 have one perfectly lopped ear the other ear lops over the top of their head and hangs on the same side as the other ear. Is this normal for their age? Or does it mean they all have a tight crown?

When I raised them (for a couple years) they would do the same thing until they were 3 months old or so. Some went left and some right. Once their crowns relax they come out of it.

Reason I quit raising them was twice I had young bucks that slipped a cog. Nicest boys in the world then out of nowhere Bam, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. Never could figure that one out. :?

Wow! Hope I don't run into that. I just love the breed so far. I'm in Love with BIG bunnies, and there are only a few breeders in my area, so I'm hoping they will sell o.k. I really wanted Flemish giants. I've heard nothing but good things about them, but I can't find anyone in my area that breeds them. Right now I have 2 of my bucks housed together in a 12x12 run. I literally can't keep them apart. I've heard that they will get along until they don't, but so far so good :eek: Thank you Homer for your reply! These are my first kits. Both parents have nice crowns, so I was thinking how do all of these kits have these funky ears... :lol:

Back