How Do You Share Your Passion?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gina

Reaction score
Hi friends :)

I love my 2 rabbits (Lady & Kiki) and i like sharing my passion for them.
Whenever i can i speak about rabbits.

I'd like to know if you too like to share your passion for rabbit (or anything else) to everybody? :)
And what do you do/use to start the conversation?

I personally have a beautiful wallet case that i love and it helps me a lot because a lot of people start asking questions when they see it.

Just curious to see if i'm alone in that case or not =)

Have a great day everybody.

Attachments

• Ostara.jpg
    Ostara.jpg
    731.6 KB · Views: 2,523
Welcome :)

Well, there's one thing I have to take care of when talking about rabbits - people tend to keel over snoring pretty fast :oops:
I'm not the most social guy, to put it mildly, I don't meet too many new people, and those who know me have pretty much heard everything 3 times, so for me it's better to ask them how they're doing to start a conversation. :)

Ok, granted, when I'm outside and notice someone coming up the street sometimes I do show off Herrn Hase, easy since he comes when called, and there are some nice converations across the fence now and then.

I'd have to actually see more people regularly to have anyone to bring up a conversation about my animals with. :lol: I've never been interested in starting conversations with random people in the grocery store or similar.

Generally people who are interested will ask and people who are not will ignore things. It's also unlikely a conversation will get around to your animals if someone has no interest in animals themselves so there's rarely a point randomly bringing up a conversation. Launching into a conversation over pieces of clothing or jewelry is still just as likely to end up boring them because they might be more interested in fashion or useful accessories than the animals they represent. Most people I see these days though are while hiking or fishing with our dogs so there's a rather obvious reason to start having conversations about those things. Especially the wolf looking thing who acts all bold and playful (I've had to yell at her not to pounce at the feet of people walking by lately) right up until someone actually pays attention to her and then does her half barks, howls, and hides behind everyone. She sneaks out to go sniff them again when the person gets distracted by the wiggly little siberian husky and shiba.

7wgCH0B.jpg

Just a quick update of my cutie =)

Hey Gina!

That's pretty cool! I feel that if you're a true bunny lover, you're going to talk about them....alot!
If I hear a convo at youth group, church, or pretty much anywhere about their pets, I enter right away and talk about my baby Olaf! I love talking with others about pets, don't you?
I also have a bad habit of talking about my rabbit's habits when people are talking about their childrens habits. :lol:
For example....
" ( Child) always climbs on everything!"
Me: " Olaf does too! He's so naughty."
I might have a problem.

olafthebunny":2c1iakwm said:
Hey Gina!

That's pretty cool! I feel that if you're a true bunny lover, you're going to talk about them....alot!
If I hear a convo at youth group, church, or pretty much anywhere about their pets, I enter right away and talk about my baby Olaf! I love talking with others about pets, don't you?
I also have a bad habit of talking about my rabbit's habits when people are talking about their childrens habits. :lol:
For example....
" ( Child) always climbs on everything!"
Me: " Olaf does too! He's so naughty."
I might have a problem.
Most of us here ..have a problem

Lol I do not share with everyone. With my rabbit friends we go full blown crazy in depth, genetics, speculations, diggin up photos from who knows how long ago. We discuss every possible thing we can think up rabbit, and probably make up stuff also.

With non rabbit crazed people, when I talk rabbits it is quite a lot like when my brother talks law to me. Eyes glaze over and I start feeling like some sort of freak, so I slink away, grab a rabbit friend, and complain about why no one but them understand me!

Oreo.jpg

I just plummeted down the rabbit hole myself. I bought my first rabbit last week and had to go get 2 more yesterday.
My first is a Holland Lop, he is absolutely gorgeous.
The 2 I got yesterday are brother and sister- they are Mini-Rex.
I have done so much research and gotten so excited that I know this is just the beginning of my addiction. :)
Pictured is my first- Oreo. Isn't he the cutest? <br /><br /> __________Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:30 pm ___________ <br /><br /> Jasper.jpg
Jasmine.jpg

This is Jasmine (my Blue Mini-Rex doe) and Jasper (my Black Otter Mini-Rex buck)

I get this way about most things. My brother says I fit the trope Fleeting Passionate Hobbies. (with an emphasis on the passionate). I think he means more the quote then the concept though.

Back