Register

Hello from NC!

Site News, Announcements, Posting Guidelines and Introductions.
BunnyBucks: 35.00

Hello from NC!

Post Number:#1  Unread postby Wendy S » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:49 pm

Hello everyone! I raised Californians for home meat back in high school. Now that I'm settled in my 30s, I'm planning to get back into raising rabbits. This time around though I want my stock to have good enough confirmation that I can proudly sell some as well. I'm thinking of getting Champagne D'Argents (although I may flip flop and go with Creme D'Argents). I love their history and their coats look so pretty. Anyone tanned Champagnes before? Cannot wait to talk to you all!

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
United States of America
BunnyBucks: 4,093.00

Re: Hello from NC!

Post Number:#2  Unread postby SableSteel » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:56 pm

I've seen tanned champagne pelts and they are gorgeous. One of my favorite meat breeds (I had champagne dwarfs because I didnt have room for a 6 class breed, just because I love the color. Really fun growth; they start out all black) If you're wanting meat; good type & growth is harder to find on cremes than champagnes. The ARBA accepted a third argent breed recently too; argente brun, the chocolate based one.
Show Breeder & ARBA Registrar

BunnyBucks: 35.00

Post Number:#3  Unread postby Wendy S » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:50 pm

Oh, the bruns are so pretty! No idea where I would find one though lol. Thanks for the advice. I'm definitely leaning towards Champagnes. Also, isn't their history amazing? I love the idea of raising the descendants of some 17th century French monk's rabbits. :)

Site Supporter
4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
United States of America Male
BunnyBucks: 10,117.00

Post Number:#4  Unread postby michaels4gardens » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:37 am

Best of luck,
I also like that breed, -and they performed well when fed "the old way" [without pellets]. Back in those days,... I got a premium price for their pelts, so they were butchered when the pelts reached prime condition and not when they were fryers . -- that program required a lot of individual grow-out cages.
meat-mutt rabbits, a few laying hens.