How Much Should I Sell these Lionheads for?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Athena

Reaction score
I have 5 Lionhead kits.(2 weeks old) There is a Black Tort, Sable Point or Frosty, Chinchilla, and 2 Chestnuts. They should be good quality and have awesome personality. They will have a partial pedigree for sure and I am trying to get the dad's. The mom is a Chinchilla and the dad is a solid Blue. They will be litter boxed trained and they are raised inside. So how much do you think I could sell each of these kits for?

Most of those are unrecognized colors, and from an uncommon color cross. If you sold them, they'd most likely be pets; not that you can tell quality at this age. I wouldn't sell pets for more than $15-20, especially lionheads where theres so many on the market already.

The market varies so widely by location, no one on here could really answer that unless they were a neighbor.

My best suggestion to you is to check your local craigslist, hoobly, or other popular want-ad style website that allows for animal sales that people in your area uses. See what other similar rabbits go for in your area. Look at the average, the low end, and the high end. Ignore any ridiculously low or high asking prices but try to stick to the high-end of the averages. In my area you'd be lucky to get $10 a rabbit for that breed, especially without complete pedigrees and especially in the summertime (You might more likely get $3-5 here this time of year and only for your prettiest colours, you can't give anything in the brown family away).

I agree with Zass. If you sell the bunnies for $15-20 inexperienced owners will buy the bunnies due to impulse buy and not look at the responsibilities of owning a pet rabbit. In my area Lionheads go for $40. I currently own a Lionhead doe. I adopted her but she was originally sold for $40. I hope this helps :D

I raise Lionheads in Denver, and here I sell mine for $60-$80. It really depends on location, as already stated, but also on the amount of rabbits currently available in your area & their breeds. I guess it also depends if your breeding for profit or not.

Zass":5cxju6fi said:
I always caution against selling pets too cheaply, as it seems like too low of prices attracts the worst possible crowds here.

Yeah I agree, that's why I urged them to look at both ends and be sure to stick to the high end (and determining averages to figure out what that genuinely is for their area). The estimates I gave ARE unfortunately the high end for my area for pets and meat (it is even reflected in our Ruralking and pet store prices). My point was just that averages in one area is clearly not the same in another.

If I traveled just more north or more south, while staying in my same state, the prices would change quite rapidly.

Back