Hot Weather..

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hot weather...
We had another very warm day, I quit and came inside in the afternoon.
I have wondered about this heat we are having.
When looking on the internet, I can find a "scientist" that will explain it every way imaginable. Some claiming that global warming is completely imaginary, and just political fear mongering, --others claiming we have major heat and flooding coming our way- some other scientists claim we are entering an ice age. I suspect their "theories" are more related to who is funding their research, than any other factor.
According to a US Gov. agency [NOAA] the global temperature has risen less than one degree C [.94] - [1.67 degrees F] in the 137 years of monitoring global temperatures.
In 1985 it was neg 21 here in January,- and in 1988 it was 100 for two months. --
I hope this hot weather is just part of cycle , and not a trend that will continue.

.- For almost 20 years the average global temperature stayed the same..-- then in just the last few years, it began to rise again [according to NOAA]

My personal "pet theory" is.
-I think-- the last few years of renewed temperature rise was related to cleaning up the air, and thus letting more sunshine in. I think we had reached the point that air pollution had stopped producing the "greenhouse effect" - and had began to shade the planet - when we reduced the air pollution just a little- the greenhouse effect resumed.
I think--We either need to clean up the air a lot, and quickly - or just leave the pollution level it where it is...
gosh - I could begin to masquerade as a "internet scientist" - -
But, - it seems to me, we have enough of those already ...

Sorry, but I cannot tell if you are serious or joking

Unfortunately you cannot rely on USA based sites for information on climate change (AKA global warming) I highly recommend you search Canadian, UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand and other english speaking countries such as Kenya to get your information

The fiddling with temperature data is the biggest science scandal ever

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/earth/ ... -ever.html

AUSTRALIAN CLIMATE TRENDS
The Bureau of Meteorology and other science agencies employ a range of atmospheric, terrestrial and marine sensors to track climatic trends.

For example, the Australian Climate Observations Reference Network – Surface Air Temperature dataset is based on a network of over 100 stations, with data for more than half starting in 1910.

The 2016 State of the Climate report states that Australia’s climate has warmed since national records began in 1910, especially since 1950. Mean surface air temperature has increased by around 1.0°C since 1910. Australia’s top five warmest years on record included each of the last three years—2013, 2014 and 2015; 2013 was Australia’s warmest year on record. The warming trend occurs against a background of year-to-year climate variability, mostly associated with El Niño and La Niña in the tropical Pacific.

Sea surface temperatures in the Australian region have warmed by nearly 1 °C since 1900, with the past three years, 2013–2015, all in the region’s five warmest years on record.

I see a cool movie or book premise right there, Michaels. You should consider writing a novel with this being the core of it.

Latest posts

Back