The love of my life is a black standard rex.

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tarax

Reaction score
I am a first time rabbit owner of a beautiful 5 year old black standard rex, Dexter.
I was wondering if anyone had any tips?
I have a stand up cage and im looking for one that sits flat.
Are there anything i should do during the winter to ensure Dexter stays warm?
I also need tips on picking him up, he gets nervous and hops away.
Tell me about your rabbits [:

Tarax

well im glad to see there is standard rex left out there aside from the few breeders I know first off just had to say that. as for the keeping him warm in the winter i have never really done anything special for mine but i also have saround 100 or more rabbits in a barn so it stays pretty toasty just from body heat plus there winter coat. I know that when i originaly started I had an old couple tell me that most people overdue the "winter warmth" and pointed out that rabbits live in the wild and all winter they do fine (if not better) without extra warm straw filled boxes and such. I would say that a little edxtra feed or a little cracked corn added in to his diet about a month before the snow flies til about the time spring hits would help it puts a little fat on witch helps keep em warmer.<br /><br />__________ Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:11 pm __________<br /><br />as for your handling he may or may not get used to you handleing him normaly they will but there is always those rabbits that differ and wont.

Latest posts

Back