New Angora! Lilac Tort?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deer Heart

Reaction score
I'm still trying to figure out the subtle nuances of certain colors and it is my first time seeing this one in person. Looking online, I feel like it might be safe to say she is a VM (w/ blue eyes) Lilac tort? Chocolate tort? IDK. She's 75% E Angora, 25% F Angora.

f4UF7jP.jpg

Definitely vm, but it's either black tort or chocolate tort. Difficult for me to tell from the pic, might be my screen, not lilac or blue though.

@sunrise and @Sixgun, I think you guys are right about the chocolate tort. I've got a broken black tort buck and she is nowhere near his shades of color. I'll include a picture of him in the same lighting with the same camera for comparison so that camera/screens can be more easily considered. She obviously didn't have a pedigree, but he does.

nrwFzbO.jpg

Motor-2.jpgYes, very possibly a chocolate tort, but remember the intensity of color can vary greatly, definitely not as dark as the broken. Look closely at the lacing around the edges of the ear, that is the best way I know to tell if it looks more chocolate or black/gray. From the pic it does look more like a chocolate tort. On babies I try to see what color their points are as soon as the shading starts coming in, easier to tell at that point. Here is a picture of my chocolate tort, you can really see in this pic how chocolatey the points look, not grayish at all.

Yeah, Def chocolate tort then, there's nothing greyish about her points in person. I can sort of see where it might look grey in the picture, but every bit of it is brown. She does have a slight "rosy"/"pink" look to her overall too that doesn't photograph well, I think that's what is showing in the picture as the grey. She looks nothing like my blue torts either for sure, lol!

Also, it probably would have helped to note that the previous owner completely shaved her not long ago with an electric razor, completely down, her wool is slowly growing back now and thankfully rather uniformly, about an inch in length now. She's also about 3 mos old.

Thank you everyone for input. At least I could get her into my breeding software finally. :)

Latest posts

Back