Scratched. Claws or cage wire?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shea

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
I put my buns out in their runs yesterday to do some deep cleaning and repair work. When I put them back in I noticed these nice scratches on one of my does. They looked a few hours old at that point. When I cleaned them up some more I cant tell what its from.
There is a part on her door that does need a sleeve/cover, or it could have been something that climbed up and reached through the wire? Its 1.5x3 wire at the top of the side walls.

This picture is from this morning when I finally found my clippers.
20180611_105215.jpg

Did you have more than one rabbit together? Looks like some one got into a bit of a tussle. Can happen. Doesn't look like wire or some thing else after bun.

Yeah my first thought was also that it looks exactly like a rabbit fight. Very rarely get situations when they happen, but the results looked exactly like that.

With no chance of any rabbits getting in her area with her, epecially any other females, my next guess would be she scratched herself, maybe? How are her claws looking currently?

A little long to be honest. Nail trimming has not been a priority for a little while. Itvd have had to be with her back leg and scratches from behind her ear to under her chin. . .
Well reguardless its healing fine, and Im adding some finer wire to the top, just in case.

I need advice. My Holland Lop was neutered this past Thursday. Last night I noticed his back paw missing fur like as if he’s chewing it away. What do I do? I didn’t see this on Thursday when I picked him up from the vet. Is he doing this because of stress? I’m so nervous. I tried putting a sock on to cover but he just won’t have it. Any advice? Should I put some kind of cream on it? Bandage it?

Latest posts

Back