Just curious about our silver foxes

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marie28

Reaction score
We raise our silver foxes for meat and sell them. Mostly have been selling to people who also raise for meat but I am curious of the show quality of our rabbits. I know the best way to tell is take them to an expert but I'm not in the place to invest that much time right now. I was just wanting to hear anyones opinions on them :] Add yes I know that blue silver foxes are not showable at this time.

We took pictures a few weeks ago,some were more willing than others :p
BIO info
Doe: Ruby, Sapphire, Opal
Buck:Onyx, Topaz

Opal is from Sapphire/Onyx last litter and is 6 months

Ruby and Onyx are half siblings.
Slide5.jpg
Slide4.jpg
Slide3.jpg
Slide2.jpg
Slide1.jpg

Any opinions and comments are welcomed as I said we breed for meat but show quality would be a plus.

If you could try to get a picture of them in a show pose, it'd probably be easier to tell. (From the side; also a picture from the back or top could help). From these pictures, Sapphire looks to have the best body type... Opal looks very long in her picture, but that also looks like it might just be the pose. Onyx looks like he might good if he were posed, but the ticking is too light, throwing his color off.

Onyx is our wild child and was more intersted in trying to get of the box than posing. Most of his pictures are blurs. :[ And yes his silvering is the lightest of them all.

Are any of the close to the show pose?

The top left for Topaz looks to be the closest to show pose. you want the front feet under the eyes, and the front of the back feet just under the front of the hips.

Latest posts

Back