What would you even call this color? *Color update*

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are pictures I got today

Attachments

• IMG_20180505_191557.jpg
    IMG_20180505_191557.jpg
    417.6 KB · Views: 1,099
  • IMG_20180505_191613.jpg
    IMG_20180505_191613.jpg
    385 KB · Views: 1,099
ladysown":35ypd7qs said:
He looks like a chinchilla with some Harlequin image background

The thing with harlequin is that it expresses when you have two copies of the gene, and with a chinchilla, a harli would be a magpie.

That's super odd. From what I heard of mosaic, it's focused more on brokens than solid rabbits. My mind is baffled. Still think it's some sort of stain, or maybe a burn? Kinda resembles a chemical burn a human would get where their skin is permanently bleached and the hair grows back a different color. Or maybe it was a twin and he has two sets of genes?

It's possible it's a chimera. A chimera is a mammal that started out as two seperate fertilized eggs and fused into one very soon after. The animal ends up being a fusion of two seperate sets of DNA. It is quite rare and not inherited as they pass on genes from one or the other but not both. This is different from a mosaic which is the result of a genetic mutation in one cell early in develop being replicated in only parts of the animal.

If one line of the rabbit was cchl cchl and the other was cchl c and they combined, I could see something similar to this being the result. No way to prove it other than genetic testing of both seperate color areas to see if they are different.

Latest posts

Back