Register

Ordered to Hospital. (22 month Post-Op UDATE)

Off-topic Discussions, Member News, Funny Stories and Jokes.
6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 10,925.00

Re: Ordered to Hospital. (22 month Post-Op UDATE)

Post Number:#46  Unread postby grumpy » Fri May 11, 2018 4:43 am

I want to thank each and every one of you for the support shown me on this site. It's one of the few bright spots in the world that I live in nowadays. The limitations with my hands and arms have, without question, affected far more than the 'physical' aspects of my life. More so, my mental arena has taken a severe drubbing throughout this long and arduous ordeal. Oftentimes to the point of questioning my purpose of continuing. Before passing judgment, I ask each of you to consider walking a mile in these moccasins I'm now wearing.

I've several reasons I look to when I'm feeling really low. First and foremost are my adoptive sons. Although young men now, they still come to me seeking advice and guidance. The other is, of course, my writing. I've been developing a few different ideas. One that intrigues me is: "The Class-Ring". It's about......

A woman nearing the end of her life hands her Grandson an old, tarnished Class ring telling him, "This was your Grandfather's... Find him, and return it." Of course, therein lies the mystery because she'd kept secret her whole life the man's name who was the father of her son. She now reveals the fact that the man was alive and is presumably still living. But, before she can share his name, she passes away. Thus begins the odyssey of the young man in search of the 'Grandpa' he never knew he had. His Grandfather's initials are inscribed on the inside of the ring.. ((I hope...someday, he finds me.))

I now suffer even more than before... a disruptive sleep pattern and I've not yet gone to sleep.. So, I'll say good-night for the present and hopefully revisit this post in a few days.

Grumpy.
Author of Historical Romance Novels: The Trilogy of: Box of Dreams, Scarlet Dreams, and Shattered Dreams.
My newest work: Now in publication. Redemption Road.
Visit my website for more information. http://www.ekfelts.com

The following user would like to thank grumpy for this post
michaels4gardens

Site Admin
8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Canada Female
BunnyBucks: 60,593.00

Post Number:#47  Unread postby MaggieJ » Fri May 11, 2018 9:13 pm

Grumpy, I can only imagine how dark your life seems at present, but I think your love for your sons -- and theirs for you -- must bring some comfort. And concentrating on your writing is absolutely the best thing you can do right now.

I like your idea. Quests often make the most enthralling stories, and if your character's quest also becomes a voyage of self-discovery, I think you have a very strong story to tell.

At a low point in my own life, many years ago, I was given a talisman against despair. Just a few words, spoken by a person I respected: "Persist, endure, never give up. Never." Remembering that simple message has helped me hang on through through some very troubled times, and I still repeat it to myself when I need a little extra courage and strength.

Keep writing, Grumpy, and you'll find meaning and satisfaction in your life again in time. Persist, endure, never give up. Never.
Sojourning in 1894 . . .

The following user would like to thank MaggieJ for this post
grumpy, michaels4gardens

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 10,925.00

Post Number:#48  Unread postby grumpy » Sun May 13, 2018 1:21 pm

Passin' time... till time has passed. :)
Author of Historical Romance Novels: The Trilogy of: Box of Dreams, Scarlet Dreams, and Shattered Dreams.
My newest work: Now in publication. Redemption Road.
Visit my website for more information. http://www.ekfelts.com

Site Admin
8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Canada Female
BunnyBucks: 60,593.00

Post Number:#49  Unread postby MaggieJ » Sun May 13, 2018 6:17 pm

I'm having a rather bad day myself, Grumpy, so I won't say more than hang in there -- and I'll do the same.

I have a bit of an idea for you to consider, one that might tie in with the novel you're working on. Be in touch in a day or two.
Sojourning in 1894 . . .

Previous