First Timer Advice

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bad Habit

Reaction score
Hah. Been a bit since I've been here... Looking for some advice, have a first time expectant mother... ME!!! :oops: :oops:

Oh my gosh, CONGRATULATIONS Bad Habit!!!

:congratulations:
:mbounce: :mbounce:
I don't have any advice, I'm afraid, but I am very excited for you!
:good-luck: :gold-star:

My advice is pretty simple.

Don't worry.

Trust your instincts.

You already have all of the equipment you need to raise a baby, all of the extras are just that, extras. :)
You don't actually need to stuff your home full of walkers, diaper genies, swings, special chairs and special tubs if you do not wish to.

The value of advice is proportionate to who is giving it, but you still aren't obligated to listen to anyone at all.

Thanks guys :) I know I am not very active here, but I wanted to share the good news with my RT family, just as much as the rest of my families ;)

I have a couple RT'ers on my FB who knew about this sooner, of course.

I am about 9wks along, and have known since very early on. I feel like it's been forever since I've known, esp since I haven't been able to get into the dr, and won't until May 15th. So I am a bit freaked out about that. Everyone says it should be okay, but...

The only other advice I have gotten and taken is prenatal vitamins to help baby brain(which IS a thing, frustrated the heck out of me, and was helped by the vitamins[hubby calls them my brain pills]) and cut back on caffeine intake.

Got a ways to go, and will be interested to hear what's helped for other women when I start having complaints(nothing much yet other than random nausea, and general irritability at times).

Suggestions if you get slightly nauseated all the time if you nibble on crackers off and on throughout the day like taking tiny bites it helps with nausea

ladysown":2nojc3ir said:
Suggestions if you get slightly nauseated all the time if you nibble on crackers off and on throughout the day like taking tiny bites it helps with nausea

Thanks :) Have been nibbling on saltines with some regularity at this point, they are a pretty basic food that helps with the random nausea. Keep thinking that I should have more symptoms or complaints, or have it be more evident... so weird to think that I have a tiny little human inside me that no one else really knows about.

Zass":259jf44l said:

My advice is pretty simple.

Don't worry.

Trust your instincts.

You already have all of the equipment you need to raise a baby, all of the extras are just that, extras. :)
You don't actually need to stuff your home full of walkers, diaper genies, swings, special chairs and special tubs if you do not wish to.

The value of advice is proportionate to who is giving it, but you still aren't obligated to listen to anyone at all.

Yes I second this. You don't actually need most of the crap that is in the stores unless you WANT it. With my son we didn't buy any of that stuff. Just a car seat and a crib, bottles, diapers and wipes and did just fine for a bit. With this daughter we have bought a few things, mostly for my husband. Him and his twin have this thing with not wanting to put the kiddos down so he bought a swing and bouncer. There will be loads of people who will give you advice, if you want it or not. There's thousands of ways to raise your baby and it will feel right to you when you do it your way. I tried to do the whole what everyone thought was a good idea and eventually gave up on it and just did it my way.

Congratulations!

I will offer one bit of advice, if you feel/"know" something isint right. Outright badger your Dr into getting the scan or testing even if just for your peace of mind.

My sister-inlaw had an issue with her 1st, the baby wasnt shifting from one side to the other, and her Dr refused to do an ultra sound after the 2nd one.
Turns out she had a wall in her uterus that kept the baby confined to only a small area. My niece was born premature and by cesearian but is now a happy 1 yr old but has needed PT to be comfortable on her belly.

Latest posts

Back